Sunday, December 19, 2010

ODNILA.G "MINGA" REVIEW//09

" ... Odnila. G Minga is the side project of Matt Galindo from Sabertooth Cavity, one of Albuquerque NM’s forerunners of audio destruction.  Their wall of sound approach has shaken the rust off of many venues in Albuquerque, which led me to pick up this cassette release.
I was lucky enough to have my ears rattled by Odnila.G Minga’s cassette release more recently, and I can say one thing; if you like guitar geekery, this is a record you have to check out.   Recorded to 4 track cassette, it’s like a wall of guitars recorded in a cave full of screaming bats, on fire.  Covered in Bees.
I wish I could give you a digital audio clip of this awesomeness, but honestly, it would lose the flavor.  You need to get this one on Cassette and listen to it old-fashioned style to really understand the sound here.  Ambient/noise/experimental music is very much about the tones beyond the music, and many of those only come out in analog recording, I feel..."
TAPES: SOLD OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment